1. Contact Small World Adoption
- You can call our office to receive immediate attention. Talk with one of our pregnancy caseworkers to decide if adoption is the best option for you and your baby.
Call us at 615-754-6540.
- Meet with a Small World caseworker
- Discuss your needs and desires with the caseworker; she will know exactly how to help you make a decision you are comfortable with
- Select an adoptive family
- Decide how much contact you would like with the adoptive parents you’ve selected
- Meet the family, if this is your desire
- Prepare for giving birth by making a simple hospital plan that expresses your needs and wishes at the time of delivery
3. Place your baby with the family you selected
- The baby often goes to the adoptive family from the hospital
- You then go with your Small World Caseworker to the judge and sign the legal documents voluntarily releasing parental rights
4. Use post adoption services
- Get information from Small World Adoption. about what you can expect to feel after the adoption
- Meet with a caseworker for counseling if needed
- Attend a birth parent support group where people share similar experiences
- Receive regular updates about the child through pictures and letters
- Attend additional outside counseling provided by Small World Adoption
- If you’d like your child to have the opportunity to contact you in the future, you can keep your address current with the agency
Do you have more information?
Below is a guide to making an adoption plan and answers to other frequently asked questions. If you still have questions or just want to explore your options, please call us at 615-754-6540.